26th Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards Launch Invitation Only
The 26th annual Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards will officially launch on the 8th of May at the Belmont Sports and Recreation Club. The Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards are coordinated by the Belmont Business Enterprise Centre Inc. (Belmont BEC) and supported by major sponsors City of Belmont and the Textile Clothing Footwear Resource Centre of WA (TCFWA).
At the launch, Mayor Cr Phil Marks from the City of Belmont will offer the official welcome with sponsors of this year’s Awards announcing their categories.
The event will also include the launch of the 2019 designedge innovation FESTIVAL, now in its 15th year by Fortix’s Paul Faix and the official launch of MY Business Incubator Count Me IN Project and the MY Fashion Incubator Migrant Small Business Project.
Belmont BEC CEO Carol Hanlon said, “As at 30 June 2018, small business represented around 97 per cent of all businesses in Western Australia. We will be recognising more than 23 small businesses as category winners and over 100 finalists in the 2019 Awards and this wouldn’t be possible without the support of our sponsors, including the City of Belmont. The Awards are open to small businesses both within the Belmont area, Perth Metro and state-wide.”
2019 Award Categories:
This year’s Awards include the following 23 categories for entrants to consider such as:
- BEST MARKETING AWARD sponsored by Westways Visual Communication & Worldwide Printing Solutions
- KARL FARRELL INSPIRATION AWARD sponsored by TCF WA
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AWARD sponsored by My Business Incubator Count Me IN Project
- INNOVATION AWARD sponsored by RES-Q
- CUSTOMER SERVICE AWARD sponsored by Belmont BEC
- DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY AWARD sponsored by Emerge Internet
- COMMUNITY SPIRIT AWARD sponsored by Southern Gazette
- VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR sponsored by Belmont Rotary
- BEST RETAIL BUSINESS sponsored by Belmont Forum
- SUSTAINABILITY AWARD sponsored by R. Moore & Sons
- FASHION INDUSTRY AWARD sponsored by TCF Australia
- BEST NEW BUSINESS sponsored by City of Belmont
- SPIRIT OF AUSTRALIA AWARD sponsored by Hanssen Project Management
- MARJORIE CHARLESON WA RACING INDUSTRY AWARD sponsored by Friends of Belmont BEC
- YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD sponsored by Business News
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AWARD sponsored by Fortix
- MENTOR AWARD sponsored by Watering Concepts
- BUSINESS WOMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD sponsored by BPW WA & BPW Business Incubator
- INDIGENOUS BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD sponsored by Workforce Solutions
- ACHIEVEMENT AWARD sponsored by Mustera Property Group
- BUSINESS MIGRANT OF THE YEAR sponsored by The Australian Asian Association WA & MY Fashion Incubator Migrant Small Business Project
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE AWARD sponsored by Access 1 Security
- ENTERPRISE OF THE YEAR sponsored by Fuji Xerox
For more information on how to enter the awards and other categories, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (08) 9479 3777
Entries close 20th September 2019, and the ‘Night of Stars’ Awards night will take place in the Ballroom of the Perth Exhibition and Convention Centre on Wednesday, October 30th 2019.
For further information please contact:
P| 08 9479 3777 M| 0417963231
Belmont Business Enterprise Centre (Belmont BEC)
PO Box 370, Cloverdale WA 6985 P| 08 9479 3777 M| 0433349521
www.tcfwa.com www.tcfaustralia.com www.tcfglobal.com
City of Belmont
With a focus on establishing and maintaining a progressive business community, the City of Belmont is proud to be a major sponsor of the Belmont Small Business Awards. By recognising quality and excellence in the community, the City of Belmont – the City of Opportunity continues to be a great place to live, work and invest. www.belmont.wa.gov.au
Belmont BEC | BEC Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1994, providing training and mentoring support services to over 26,500+ individuals in Belmont, WA and Australia to start or improve their small business and is a specialist in virtual business incubation. Belmont BEC has originated a large range of well-known projects and programs for the benefit of its small business clients that have included the annual Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards, Designedge Innovation Festival, TCF Resource Centre WA, Multicultural Business Support Services, WA Racing Industry Project, Belmont Clothes Library, BPW Business Incubator Online Projects, Business Local Workshop & Webinars and the MY Business Incubator Count Me IN Project helping employers to break down barriers in disability employment. www.belmontbec.com www.bpwbusinessincubator.com
TCFWA | TCF Australia | TCF Global is a non-profit community organisation established in 1998, assisting over 6,500+ designers and fashion industry small businesses with fashion business skill development, linkages in the global supply chain, International trade missions and industry networks. Projects have included the designedge Fashion Incubator, Multicultural Womens Sewing Project, TCF Australia Business Skills Project, International Fashion Incubator Network, TCF Australia ONLINE Energy Efficiency Project and the MY Fashion Incubator Migrant Small Business Training & Mentoring Project.